So I’ve been making these gorgeous fritters for the past 6 months, every few weeks re-creating the recipe and altering it slightly. Its a favourite of mine for Sunday brunches, or quick go-to weeknight dinners. I love this recipe because it only takes a few minutes to throw together, and just takes 20 minutes in the oven.
I like to serve them with a salad, and some tomato chutney. Serves 4-6.
1 large zucchini
1 can corn, unsalted
2 tsp curry powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 handful parsley, chopped
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 cup gluten free flour (Or almost any other flour you have on hand, i’ve used coconut, chickpea and plain flour and they have all worked well)
Olive oil spray
- Heat oven to 180 degrees, line a flat baking try with baking paper and leave aside.
- Grate zucchini and place into a large bowl.
- Drain the canned corn, and add to the large bowl with the zucchini.
- Add eggs, curry powder, salt and pepper. parsley and cheese to the bowl and mix to combine.
- Add flour to the mixture and mix until just combined.
- Place spoonfuls of the fritter mix onto the lined baking tray, and squish down with a fork.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes, or until golden, turning once.
- Serve with green salad, chutney and fresh tomatoes.
Serves 4-6. Prep time: 5 minutes, Cook time: 20 minutes
Gluten free. Dairy free. Nut free.