This week I finally got around to purchasing a copy of Optimal Health the Paleo way by Claire Yates, and I much say this thing is INCREDIBLE! Its not just a cookbook….Its 143 pages full of scientific based nutritional information, and Claire has presented it in a really easy to understand way. She goes through additives, allergens, hormones, stress, gut health, inflammation, macronutrients, micronutrients, and the list just goes on. I was amazed at just how much love and time Claire has put into this gorgeous work of art. Simply, Claire has summised everything you need to know about nutrition and the role it plays in your health, then gives you the ultimate guide to how to change your habits! Its a book I can confidently recommend to others who want a simple health eating plan to get them into the realm of good health. And its a book I will personally use to guide my diet. I have been on Paleo for 2 weeks now as part of a dietary intervention study at uni. I have noticed quite a few changes to my health. Firstly I have noticed that I am less hungry, and I want to snack less. This is a great feat for me as have an issue with always being hungry. Secondly, my skin is looking amazing! I haven’t had this kind of skins in quite a few years. And thirdly, I have more energy. Now in the afternoon, I don’t feel like I need another coffee, its just all uphill!
This weekend I used Claire’s recipes to do my meal prep (as well as some recipes from Eat Drink Paleo). I made:
- Carrot and sweet potato bites: These were a huge hit at the family Easter BBQ, even for those that are big meat eaters.
- Sweet potato salad: Another hit at the family Easter BBQ, everyone was surprised at how tasty it was.
- Roasted eggplant, cauliflower and warm chicken salad: This on is just gorgeous, and is going to be my lunch during the week. It was so easy to out together
- Butter Chicken: Again, another super simple recipe that only really took 20 minutes from start to finish.
- Herb and chili chicken: This was amazing, I just popped everything into a big baking dish and literally left it for a hour, and tada-Done!
Honestly, get your hands on a copy of this, Claire has put her heart and soul into this book, and you can really tell. This is the kind of book I would love to one day be the proud author of.