These bad boys are my go-to quick hungry fix. They are super nutrient dense, and the cumin and paprika give them a kick. Honestly, when i’m lurking in the kitchen trying to figure out what to eat, these are the best option. If you serve them with a quick green salad, and some grilled chicken, you have a perfect quick weeknight meal. So many noms!
3 large sweet potatoes
1 tsp olive oil
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 180 degrees, line a large tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Chop sweet potatoes into wedges (leave the skin on because there is so much goodness contained in the skin!). Place sweet potato into a large bowl and cover with olive oil, mix well with hands until the sweet potato is fully covered.
- Add the cumin, paprika, salt and pepper to the bowl and mix again until the sweet potato is fully covered.
- Spread the fries on the baking tray in an even layer. Cook for 30-40 minutes (or until golden) turning 1-2 times.
Here are 5 reasons why sweet potato is so absolutely fantastic!
1. Rich is beta-carotene (vitamin A)
2. Amazing sources of manganese, copper, dietary fiber, niacin & vitamin B
3. Gives you nearly 25 percent of your daily potassium needs
4. Contains more than 100% of the RDA for vitamin C
5. Purple ones are high in antioxidants