I LOVE chocolate, Like I am a serious addict. And if you are anything like me, I grab a block and eat far more than I should. So this is my secret to making sure I get my chocolate fix after dinner, but don’t go overboard on the sugar etc that’s in standard chocolate. This little truffles are just a perfect treat for when you get the chocolate cravings, plus they are super easy to make (these took me less than 15 minutes to finish!). They are also great for kids who have a sweet tooth too.
1 heaped tbsp. cacao powder
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp. chia seeds
Pinch sea salt
1 tsp vanilla essence (or 1 vanilla bean)
10 fresh pitted dates
- Combine cashews, cacao powder, cinnamon, chia seeds and sea salt in a food processor, and combine until crumbly.
- Add vanilla and dates and process again until mixture is combined. When squeezed together it should form a soft ball.
- Add 2 tsp. of water if needed to get the mixture to form a soft ball. The mixture should be firm and sticky, but not mushy.
- Form mixture in about 20 small round balls, roll your balls in your choice of decoration, try: coconut, crushed cashews, cacao powder, or chia seeds.
- Store in the fridge covered for up to 2 weeks.
Serves 10-15. Prep time: less than 15 minutes. Cook time: Zero. Gluten free, Dairy free. Vegetarian. Vegan.