The hunt for a decent tasty muesli or granola to have for breakfast has been hard. Iv’e tried a variety of gluten free muesli’s and granola’s, with not one of them being completely amazing. So, I decided to create my own summery, light, fruity granola. Full of nuts, seeds, oats and fruit, this granola is perfect served with Greek yoghurt and banana on a warm summer morning. You can also add it to the top of your morning smoothie for a nutrient boost.
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup cashews, chopped
2 tbsp chia seeds
50g dried mango
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 passion fruit
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp honey
- Line a flat try with baking paper and set aside. Heat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Add 1/2 cup of the rolled oat to a food processor and grind until fine (life flour). In a large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients (including remainder of oats and ground oats). Mix to combine.
- IN a smaller bowl, combine wet ingredients and mix to combine. Pour over dry ingredients and mix all together.
- Spread granola in an even layer on the lined tray, play in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until granola is slightly golden.
- Keep in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks, or in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Serves 6-8. Gluten free. Dairy free.
*Note: Be careful to watch the granola past the 15 minute mark, it burns easily (you can see mine got a little crispier than I had hoped!)