I love the fresh start of a new year, its a great time to rethink many aspects of your life, and have new beginning. However, to be able to fully embrace the changes of a new year starting, we must first clear the events and perspectives of the past year. One of my favourite things to do is grab my journal, and sit and reflect on what the past year has brought, and how I have developed and grown as a human.
Recently I found this beautiful set of 25 questions to ask yourself before the end of 2013, so I decided to take up the challenge and ask myself these questions. What I found at the end of answering them is a new understanding of what I have really accomplished this year, who I am, and who I want to be.
Give yourself the opportunity to sit and really think about the past year, to review the great thinks, to acknowledge the not-so-good and to create the possibilities and dreams of the year to come.
1. What am I most proud of this year?
2. How can I become a better _____________?
3. Where am I feeling stuck?
4. Where do I need to allow myself grace?
5. Am I passionate about my career?
6. What lessons have I learned?
7. What did I my finances look like?
8. How did I spend my free time?
9. How well did I take care of my body, mind, and soul?
10. How have I been open-minded?
11. When did I feel most creatively inspired?
12. What projects have I completed?
13. How have I procrastinated?
14. In what ways can I re-structure my time?
15. How have I allowed fear of failure hold me back?
16. Where has self-doubt taken over?
17. When have I felt the most alive?
18. How have I taught others to respect me?
19. How can I improve my relationships?
20. Have I been unfair to anyone?
21. Who do I need to forgive?
22. Where is it time to let go?
23. What old habits would I like to release?
24. What new habits would I like to cultivate?
25. How can I be kind to myself?
This article was taken from Mind Body Green, and can be found here: http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-11852/25-questions-to-ask-yourself-before-the-end-of-the-year.html